Thursday, October 8, 2009

of spiders and collegues...

..i just so wish that for once something nice would happen...


.in the aftermath of the cyclone, the tourists stay away, and will do so for at least another week, and the restaurant is dead and I'm broke and it is boring, like watching astro turf grow or chewing sand so it feels.
Last night a miserable soul stole my garden lights, the ones that light out the path so my customers can make it to the restaurant... ( I think that just maybe a certain lodge in this town pays somebody to make my life harder:the other day they sent some of their customers to spy on me, those people bored me for an hour and did not even buy a bottle of water. Also they 'stole' or shall we say 'took over' jack's elephants while he was in England. Now I do find jack a superb asshole, but stealing his elephants and mahouts is pretty crass.).
As for the chickens, Dumbfuck the second is a calming presence and for the first time in month the chickens seem rather well adjusted: unless I am late feeding them, then Dumbfuck jumps on the terrace, stamps his feet and crows at house party volume until I dish out the feed...


Had a bit of a run in with a spider, a big one , sitting on a beam right next to my bed; at least as big as my hand, legs out to here, scaly looking and quivering and striped, meant to impersonate a snake- a banded krait- I presume... ' I'm here and what are you gonna do about it ..' the spider insinuated: quiver quiver the legs... - now I draw the line somewhere; NO SPIDERS IN BED! So I grabbed the broom – ouh ooh the spider went and vanished behind the beam, when I looked around the beam, I found Caruso, our foot long house ghekko, munching, crunching on the spider, some legs,-about four- scaly and striped still quivering outside Caruso's mouth.. Caruso all but waved to me, and I am sure he would have said ' ' thanks' mate' , if he did not have his mouth so full!



1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear the restaurant isn't doing so well. Maybe it'll pick up again really soon.Keepin my fingers crossed for you.
    I would have freaked had I seen a spider like you described anywhere near me, or in my house. Glad your little Ghekko took hold of him and showed him who was boss! haha!
    Also glad to hear the rooster is "ruling the roost" shall we say? He seems to be the calming effect for the hens anyway.
    Take care and talk again soon sweetie!

    ReplyDelete