Friday, July 31, 2009

Aww, more Ncv’s and French too- the worst kind, except for Israelis that is: let us be honest here, when French are good- as customers that is- they are good, but the good ones are few and very far between indeed. These were typically bad ones, six bitches abreast, saying oh it is too expensive and we are students, and go for the brunch menu, and take kebabs- I throw in fries for nothing and the water they order - I do not charge for water… ..And as I am down to my last 200 riel (about 20 cts,) I am in a bit of a bind here, and no position to argue, as much as I would like to throw them out, I frankly can’t afford it. Plus they come recommended by some very good French indeed- so I am stuck with that twittering bunch, fries, best beef in cambo for the kebabs- that are meant to accompany some other dish at the expat brunches... well I will do my best I keep telling meself in the kitchen enz. Enz and I do and they twitter and twatter and ask for more water and more fries until I have to tell them no more potatoes- true too, so push to shove dinner for 6, twenty four dollars in total, and then they hem and haw and want the bill split, and I say no, and of course they ask dumb questions and want my life story, not at that price I think and they niggle and naggle and how can somebody not French speak such good French and I say.. Well it happens you know and then my nasty side kicks in (as I am severely fed up and a true bitch) and they insist on my life story, I give them, well a new one: as in sob! ‘Fell in love with the wrong guy and he was with the French secret service- and now I am getting quite a bit of fun out of this one and go on… the truth: my family lived in France for quite some decades… and the truth also is much wilder than the story… now those hateful cows have scrammed and at least I will be able to feed us tomorrow, and stock up- up to a point.. As I think maybe there will be some nice and fun people arriving in the next day or so…

1 comment:

  1. I do so love your stories Tanja. How rude they were! Hope you have a better day, tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete