Wednesday, September 2, 2009

aww, life can be nasty out here

..sooner or later, thus had to happen, but still   we all are a bit upset, although each of us for different reasons: me because I fear that the neighbors might be pissed off, Iddy because she thinks she does not get enough credit,   Elvis because he was at home and did not participate and Dt because I did not let her take home what? Our neighbors’ dead dog, the one DT and Iddy sent a better- next incarnation with scary precision and efficiency….
..we were walking down from the coffee shop, just rounding the bent towards my property when one of the neighbors three mutts decided to attack me, I kicked it- Iddy grabbed it by the ear, and Dt let out an almost human screech and just went for it.. And I... let her. (. I still carry the scars from one such attack- enough to prevent me from ever wearing a skirt shorter than ankle length- and they still hurt), and bad person that I am just looked on... in the end i lifted off dt by her collar and reeled iddy in- too late, i think, the dog crawled away and there was a lot of blood, i propelled my beloved renegades home- just to find that all the blood on them- a lot – was not theirs.. and there was almost nothing for me to disinfect…
What now, should I punish my dogs for doing their job? No way, they did exactly what they are supposed to do: take care of their human…. Still, coming from the west I find that principle a bit hard to stomach, I am glad that miserable mutt is gone before it hurts one of my customers, or- another child- he had already bitten a kid, who was just walking by on her way back from school the other day….but still, it was bloody…but as there is no legislation here to prevent any dog in  the streets to harm just anybody just walking by in the street…kids even, and no police will come and do anything about it/ and people refuse to either train or restrain their dogs… well…still….

No comments:

Post a Comment